Friday, August 31, 2012

Lets Dance Moms!!


 Dance moms

Now I really am not a big fan of reality TV.  I want a story, and not an a story of swapping wives between families that are polar opposites. I think the reactions are slightly staged, nor do I like billionaire families living on the bayou in communal trailers, or dysfunctional extravagant housewives that I can't relate to. However, I have a guilty sin, it is Abby Lee Miller!! Yes I love Dance Moms!! I have my son watch it with me, we adore the drama, chaos and beauty of the dance.

Now I have been watching since the beginning as Abby starts every episode with the pyramid. We all know her pyramid, it is her way of  praising or chastising her preteen minions. Her girls are listed in pyramid form from bottom to the top according to their performances in competitions. Now this year she is considering improvement, and leadership too as criteria,  so it has expanded since the beginning. The first year I swear most of the year Nia Frazier, Paige Hyland, and Mackenzie Zeigler were on the bottom. Brook Hyland (Paige's older sister), and Chloe Lukasiak  were the middle and Maddie Zeigler, Joy of Abby's life, and dance perfectionist was on top.  Now all the girls on this show are amazing dancers. That is why they are in Abby's Dance Company.

There have been a couple of additions to the original dance company. Cathy Stein brought her daughter Vivi-Anne to train with Abby Cathy owns a dance studio herself. It is called the Candy Apple Dance Studio in Canton, Ohio. Living in the west the ideal of going that far for a dance class seems like a lot of work. It is  about 100 miles and 2 hours away,  too much for me. Our class was 10 minutes away and I thought that was interrupting to my schedule. Ok, so I am not the most dedicated dance mom. Anyway, Vivi-Anne was not that good, and really not that interested in dance. Cathy soon became Abby's enemy. She is controlling, self centered, and annoying, with a voice that would strip a bird of its feathers as it flew over. She is periodically on the show just to irritate the Abby Lee Miller Dance Company, and it does make good ratings to have antagonists. She is perfect for that role.

Then there is Jill and Kendall.  Jill is a dance center hopper, trying to promote Kendall her daughter.  Kendall is actually a good dancer and is worthy of being in the company. In fact she was in the company, that is until overbearing Jill got frustrated that Abby was not giving Kendall the solos she deserved and took her to Candy Apple Dance Company.  Cathy loving to stick it to Abby, took in the pair and gave Kendall some breaks.  The bloom wore off, and now Jill has again hopped back to Abby studio.  Abby has refused to let her come back, she does let Kendall dance in group, but she is not in the company and not on the holy pyramid. I fully expect her to get frustrated, fight with Abby and hop again.  For now she is trying. Abby is far more generous than I would be, but Kendall is good, and she can not help who her mother is.

So now you have met the dancers, lets meet the moms. Christy is a blonde who has become better looking and more polished since season one. She is Chloe's mom. I loved her classic blond beauty, now her personality has regressed. She is like roller derby mom. Sometimes that is needed on the show, sigh...  I love Chloe, in fact that girl is a beautiful dancer. She is my favorite, but I do favor a ballet dance better than jazz or acro. She is going to do well.

 Maddy and Mckenzie's mom is Melissa. Melissa used to work for Abby.  Abby does favor Maddy. Maddy produces. She  has more crowns than most drag queens.  Melissa is hard to figure, she is evasive to the point of ridiculous around her engagement, people pleases to try to make friends with moms who are jealous of her daughters position with Abby. She is at times uptight and other times quite likable and pleasant.  Nia's mom is Holly. Holly is my favorite mom. She is Dr. Holly to all of us. She is well educated, woman the least chaotic. Yet when needed she is capable of taking care of business.  Lastly is Kelly. Kelly is an attractive woman, but a drama queen. twice she has withheld one of her girls from competition to make a point with Abby. If I were Abby I would drop kick out of the studio.  Her Paige has the look of Chloe, though she is not as developed.

Every week these people entertain the hell out of me. I can't wait to sit down at the end of the day on Tuesdays and watch them.  I love that Abby is not the perfect body dance instructor, she is over bearing, antagonistic, and yet her girls are great dancers. Actually Abby does have a beautiful face, so if I am addressing her size, I need to state that fact. The mothers are gossipy, drama queens (some more than others) and God forbid you be a new dance mom, they will eat you up and spit out the bones. Yet I sure do love them and this show!! woot dance moms Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment