Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Field Where I died, and the Real Housewives....


 


Ok, I have been on a binge of the X Files for the last week. I am in season 4. Until yesterday, I watched nothing else. So I have been out of touch with my favorite appendage, my cable box. I have also given up sugar.  I gave up drinking 22 years ago. When I got pregnant, I thought it was license to put anything and everything into my mouth. So now is the time to let go of my favorite food group sugar!! Not a food group? Yeah right, tell that to my detoxing body.  Anyway the X Files have comforted me all week long, like an old friend.  My favorite episode of all time is  Season 4, The Field Where I died. It was the 5th episode that year. It aired in 1996.

This person named Sidney calls in a tip about a cult named "Temple of the Seven Stars", so the FBI does a raid on the cult. They have an arsenal of weapons and the leader is abusing the children. During the raid they can't find the members. Mulder has this weird feeling like, Deja vu walks into a field, finds a bunker underground and there they are, ready to drink the Koolaid.  This is a wonderfully romantic story of reincarnation, Mulder's story. The wife of the leader Ephesian, appears to have multiple personality disorder upon questioning or at least that is how it appears! Her name is Melissa.

There is a weird connection between Melissa and Mulder. It is at that time she slips into other characters. One of them being Sydney. Later as they further question her, a character begins speaking with a southern drawl, and leads Mulder and Scully out to the field reciting a journal entry from 1863.  She tells them she was there, and so was Mulder. Melissa is this very lost, 25 year old woman who has stumbled into this cult, married Ephesian, and can not find her way out. She has witnessed the abuse of the children, and it has fractured her psyche. Her past lives are bleeding through this life. Mulder wants to embrace it while the predictable Scully thinks Mulder may be on the edge himself.

 Mulder goes through past life regression and discovers two recent past lives. In the first one he is a Jewish woman, in Poland during WWII. The second life reveals he was alive during the Civil War. He was a soldier that was killed on the site the cult resides on. His name was Sullivan Biddle, Scully was his Captain, and Melissa was his girl named Sarah Kavanaugh.  Scully goes to the library finds the census records for both people and pictures of the lovers.  Mulder is having a spiritual experience, and I with him as he relives this period of time. It does not turn out well for Melissa as she is released  along with Ephesian, they go back with the cult, and commit suicide.  The story is haunting with a powerful love story, references to reincarnation, and our ability to live again. It speaks of what I know to be true, that true love never dies.

Anyway coming out of the sweet fog of the X Files I got stuck on the Bravo network. I used to watch the channel with fervor, Kathy Griffin, The Real Housewives of Orange County, New York, and New Jersey. The I got bored at the same chaos over and over and over.  Since it has been a while since I watched, I caught a couple of my faves tonight. The NEW, Real Housewives of NYC,  my favorite Ramona is still there though there were many new faces for her to misunderstand, and create problems with. I just love her. I will blog more about the Bravo network another time, though it is good to know somethings never change.


Tonight I am signing off early. Drop Dead Diva is over in 2 weeks until next year, and I am dying to see if Greyson is going to step up for Jane, before she marries Owen. Also Army wives is going to be gone for good in 2 episodes, so I now need to focus, and catch the last two episodes.  TV shows have been a part of my life, all my life from Felix the Cat through Army Wives and beyond. I love writing this blog about the joy they bring me, so watch them and let them bring you the same joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment